There are many reasons for performing a website analysis, and a number of different analyses can be performed. Common reasons for starting your website check includes:
- Setting up a maintenance plan
- Performing a website refresh
- General health check – making sure the database, core WordPress software and plugins are up to date
- Clearing up issues that may have been building up over time
- Checking that the website is as secure as can be against attack
- Checking website backups
- Speed checking your website
- Reviewing Google Analytics
- Moving hosts
You want your website on page one of Google’s search results, and to be sure, there is a lot of work to do to make that happen. But did you know that sites that you can’t view easily on phones and tablets are downgraded? Owning and paying for a domain for less than two years also makes a difference. These are just two of the points that are checked in the comprehensive list.
How’s the analysis done?
The analysis takes the form of a thirty-point checklist to make sure your website is performing well. Each point has a pass, caution or fail rating in the following areas:
- Domain (website name) settings
- Core WordPress configuration
- Plugin review
- Theme review
- Security review
- Website responsiveness test on browsers and devices
- Unnecessary clutter
- Speed test
After the review is complete you will receive a report outlining any issues found and recommended next steps.
Get in touch for a friendly conversation.
Get in touch today either by using the form or calling to discuss how a website analysis can help you.